KGEFCU is teaming up with Aloha United Way (AUW) to assist in your rental and housing payments for up to THREE months. Applications are open now until December 2020.
State of Hawai‘i Rent Relief and Housing Assistance Program
The purpose of the State of Hawaii’s Rent Relief and Housing Assistance Program is to provide assistance to renters who have experienced or are facing a reduction in income because of the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and are at risk of eviction.
Program Eligibility You can apply if you:
- Are a full-time Hawaii resident.
- Have proof of valid and current tenancy for a primary residence in the State of Hawaii.
- Are 18 years of age or older.
- Can demonstrate a loss of income directly resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Can demonstrate that your current household income does not exceed 100% Area Median Income, as defined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) 2020 Income Limits. (See table here)
- Are not in HPHA public housing or Section 8 program
The application process is now closed.
*Please choose KGEFCU as your partner agency.
List of required documentation here.
For frequently asked questions and eligibility click here.
To Contact KGEFCU directly:
Flyer for the program is here.