Step 1: Get the application here
Step 2: Gather one of the required documents:
- Paystubs – Most Recent 1 month available OR
- 2019 Tax Return OR
- If 2019 Tax Return is not yet filed: 2018 Tax Return with 2019 profit & loss and 2019 G-45s or G-49
Step 3: Return completed application AND required documents by email to email@example.com
Please put your name and “EL LOAN” in the subject line of your email.
We are receiving a large number of inquiries and applications for the COVID 19 Emergency Funds Loan Program. Thank you for your patience as we review applications. Please check our website and read the information below to help expedite the process:
Please collect your proper documentation to submit with your application. ONLY COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WITH PROPER DOCUMENTATION WILL BE CONSIDERED. It’s best if you submit your application with your documentation at the same time (in one email) via the COVID19@kgefcu.org email address.
The program will offer COVID-19 Financial Counseling to all applicants, with personal loans of up to $10,000 to qualifying Kauai individuals who are still in need of financial reprieve due to COVID 19. Emphasis will be placed on households who have lost self-employment or other forms of income due to COVID-19 and have not yet been able to access the government aid programs. Funds will go to qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. A financial review will be based on pre-COVID 19 income.
Households with pre-COVID-19 income who may not have been able to access other government loan programs, and could best benefit from the COVID-19 Emergency Funds Loan, may include;
- Taxi or Service Industry Drivers
- Self Employed Individuals
- Independent Contractors
- Small Business Owners
- Legal Vacation Rental or Long-Term Rental Owners
- Gig workers
- And many others
- Term and Interest Rates: COVID 19 Emergency Loan Funds offered up to a five-year term loan at 0% interest, simple. Payments are deferred for five months. A loan may be repaid early without penalty.
- Loan Amount: Borrowers may receive up to $10,000. A financial review will be based on pre- COVID-19 income.
- No Loan Application Fees.
- Standard underwriting will apply.
- Financial Counseling will be provided in partnership with KGEFCU and INPAC Wealth Solutions upon approval and funding of the loan.
- All individuals still in need of emergency funding may apply. Applicants must certify that their income has been impacted by COVID19. Emphasis will be given to those who have not been able to secure government funding due to eligibility challenges to accessing government aid.
- The ability to provide proof of income prior and up to COVID 19 is required. Pre-COVID 19 income levels will be used for loan amount qualification.
See full Press Release here.
KGEFCU in partnership with Inpac Wealth Solutions is offering our COVID 19 Financial Coaching Program to recipients of the EL Program. Learn more about the Financial Counseling Program here.